Tips from a Vaporizer Store on How to Prevent Battery Explosions
If you are new to the vaping game, you may or may not have heard that e-cigarettes, or “vapes,” can explode and injure people. Although they are rare, these explosions are hazardous. The exact causes have yet to be determined; however, evidence suggests that battery-related issues are the culprit. This is why our vaporizer store had listed a few safety tips below that can prevent this from happening.
Until all vapes and batteries conform to safety standards, your best protection against vape battery explosions is to find out as much as possible about your device, and how to handle and charge its batteries properly.
- Make sure that you read and understand the manufacturer’s recommendations completely. If by chance your vape did not come with any, contact the manufacturer directly.
- Never remove or disable any of the safety features, such as fire button locks or vent holes, as these are in place to prevent battery overheating and explosions.
- Only use batteries that have been recommended for your device. Never mix different brands of batteries, use batteries with different charge levels, or try using old and new batteries together.
- Charge your vape on a clean, flat surface, as far away as possible from anything that can easily catch fire.
- Protect your vape from high temperatures by not leaving it in direct sunlight.
- Keep all loose batteries in a case in order to prevent contact with metal objects. Never let the batteries come in contact with the likes of keys, coins, or other metals in your pocket.
- Replace the batteries when they are damaged or get wet.
We hope you found our blog informative. If you are looking for a Winchester, VA based vaporizer store, call Vape Cigar by SM today at (540) 228-9960 to learn about the services and products we can offer you.